- Edsel is pleased to announce this slip-cased re-issue of Ian Gillan’s own favourite (non-Deep Purple) album, re-mastered in May 2010 directly from the original master tapes by the original engineer, “The Amazing” Nick Blagona (as he credited on the sleeve). Blagona remains Ian’s producer to this day, their last collaboration being 2009’s “One Eye To Morocco” album.
- Recorded at AIR Studios in Montserrat in 1988 during a break in a Deep Purple tour when Ritchie Blackmore broke a finger, Ian Gillan chose to make this album with his favourite musician, Deep Purple bassist Roger Glover, with whom he co-wrote the songs.
- The album is not just hard rock, but includes ballads, and rock’n’roll and blues, in the form of cover versions of Lloyd Price’s “Can’t Believe You Wanna Leave” and Doc Pomus’ “Lonely Avenue”, a hit for Ray Charles. Guest musicians include Dr. John and Randy Brecker.
- The three bonus tracks are the non-album single b-sides, including a cover of Sheb Wooley’s 1958 # 1 hit “Purple People Eater”. The booklet contains the lyrics, the single sleeves and brand new sleevenotes, which have been written by Gillan’s most trusted archivist David Tedds.
1. Clouds And Rain
2. Evil Eye
3. She Took My Breath Away
5. Via Miami
6. I Can’t Dance To That
7. Can’t Believe You Wanna Leave
8. Lonely Avenue
9. Telephone Box
10. I Thought No
11. Cayman Island
12. Purple People Eater